Smoothies for people with diabetes need not only to be safe for their health, but also to help patients not be deprived of nutrients. If you want to make smoothies that meet these two conditions, you should not ignore the article below.
To control blood glucose well and prevent complications of diabetes, diabetics need a diet that uses foods with a low glycemic index, rich in fiber, control weight, exercise. Regular physical activity, monitoring blood glucose changes.
Here are 10 smoothies contain many antioxidants, healthy fats, and protein with a pleasant sweetness without the added dairy, gluten or sugar. Therefore, these are safe drinks even for people with diabetes or having heart problems…
1. Blueberry Smoothie
The glycemic index of blueberries is 53, this is a very low GI, so blueberries are especially good for diabetics health. Blueberries also aid in the efficient handling of glucose. In a study with the University of Michigan, the health benefits of blueberries fruit were studied.
Blueberries are an excellent source of vitamin C, which helps protect cells against damage and aids in iron absorption. Blueberries also contain a decent amount of soluble fiber, which slows down the rate at which sugar is released into the bloodstream and helps the digestive system function properly.
Blueberries are low in calories and a 100g serving provides 1.5g of fiber making blueberries a great choice for those looking for to lose their weight and lower their blood sugar.
How to make Blueberry smoothie
Ingredients: 100g blueberries, 200ml water, 1 teaspoon Monk fruit sugar, few drops of lemon (for more flavor if you like), ice cubes.
- Put blueberries and water in a blender and blend well.
- Add Monk fruit sugar or lemon juice of your choice.
- Pour smoothie into a glass, add ice, and enjoy a delicious and nutrient-rich blueberry smoothie right away. You can blend with sugar-free yogurt to change the taste, more exotic.
2. Avocado Smoothie
Avocados contain a significant amount of fiber that aids in good digestion. It is a low carbohydrate fruit, so it has little effect on blood sugar levels. Half an avocado contains about 5.9 grams of carbohydrates and 4.6 grams of fiber.
Avocado smoothies contain healthy monounsaturated fats that don’t cause weight gain and help increase insulin sensitivity. Avocados help people with diabetes better stabilize blood sugar. Good fats, monounsaturated fats and polyunsaturated fats, increase good cholesterol (HDL) levels. Good cholesterol in the blood helps remove bad cholesterol, which helps reduce the risk of heart attack and stroke.
How to make Avocado smoothie
Ingredients: Ripe avocado: 1 fruit, Skimmed milk without sugar: 200ml, Dietary sugar for diabetics: 10g 1 Fresh lemon fruit.
- Put the avocado flesh in a blender, then squeeze the juice of half a lemon. After that, continue to add milk, sugar and puree all. Finally, pour the avocado smoothie into a glass, add a little shaved ice, stir well and enjoy.
Diabetics only should eat up to 3 avocados per week.
3. Tomato Smoothie
Tomato has a sweet and sour taste, cool properties, has the effect of clearing heat and refreshment, often used to treat diseases such as diabetes, dry lips, dizziness, nosebleeds, bleeding gums, and diarrhea. poor digestion, stomach ulcers, high blood pressure…
The trace elements, tomatin in its composition inhibits many types of bacteria and fungi, vitamin P is very useful for the prevention of high blood pressure.
Recently, it was discovered that tomatoes also have the ability to prevent cancer and slow down the aging process. Tomatoes are rich in vitamins A and C. In addition, lycopene (carotene) carries the red pigment in tomatoes, has an antioxidant effect, it plays a role in removing oxidants that cause aging and other diseases. Lycopene present in tomatoes improves the survival rate of patients with heart failure.
How to make Tomato smoothie
Ingredients: 2 Tomato fruits, 1 box of sugar-free Yogurt, 1 teaspoon Diet sugar, 1 cup of Shaved ice.
Tomatoes are washed, cut into small pieces, then put in a blender along with prepared yogurt, sugar, and shaved ice. Puree for 1-2 minutes, then pour into a glass and use.
4. Apple Smoothie
Apples are one of the popular fruits. The nutritional composition of apples contains fiber, vitamin C and good antioxidants. One medium apple contains 95 calories, 25 grams of carbs and 14% of the daily allowance of vitamin C.
The majority of the nutrients of an apple are found in the apple skin. They also help you feel full without consuming a lot of calories. You can feel just enough after eating just one apple.
Apples contain sugar, but most of the sugar in apples is fructose. Fructose found in fruits has little effect on blood sugar. In addition, in apples contain fiber – the effect of slowing down the digestion and absorption of sugar. This means that sugar enters the bloodstream slowly and does not cause a sudden spike in blood sugar. Furthermore, polyphenols, which are plant compounds found in apples, also work to slow the digestion of carbs and lower blood sugar levels.
Apples contain polyphenol compounds found in apples, found mainly in apple skin, that can improve insulin sensitivity and reduce insulin resistance.
Although apples contain carbs, which can raise blood sugar levels. However, the fiber in apples can help stabilize blood sugar, in addition to providing other health benefits. You should eat the whole apple or make a smoothie.
How to make Apple smoothie:
Ingredients: 1/2 Apple, Cinnamon powder, 1 cup of water.
- Apple is washed, remove the seeds, can keep the skin, and then cut into small squares. Put in a blender with a little sugar diet if you like.
- Pour the smoothie into a glass, then sprinkle cinnamon powder in and stir well and enjoy.
You can make this smoothie once a day for a more effective effect on lowering blood sugar.
5. Bitter Melon Smoothie
This smoothie is a bit difficult to drink because of its bitter taste, but it is extremely good and safe in reducing blood sugar for people with diabetes. Besides, bitter melon also contains a lot of crude fiber and important nutrients for the body such as calcium, phosphorus, iron, vitamins B1, B2, C, PP…
Bitter melon has cold properties, bitter taste, has the effect of tonic liver, clearing heat, brightening eyes, detoxifying, used to treat diseases of burning mouth syndrome, sunburn, fever, dysentery, boils, red eyes caused by heat… Experiments have proven that this fruit contains an insulin-like substance, which significantly lowers blood sugar, can be used as a medicine for diabetes.
How to make Bitter Melon smoothie
Ingredients: 1 Bitter Melon fruit, 1 Fresh lemon fruit, Skim milk without sugar: 150ml, 1 teaspoon Diet sugar.
- Bitter Melon is washed, seeded and finely chopped.
- Put in a blender, squeeze lemon juice, then add milk, sugar into the blender.
- Pour the smoothie into a glass and then add about 5-6 small ice cubes and stir well.
6. Strawberry Smoothie
Strawberries contain a lot of vitamins, antioxidants and fiber that help patients control diabetes. With a glycemic index of 41 and low in carbohydrates, strawberries also help diabetics not feel hungry, keep them full of energy and balance blood sugar. Eating about 1 cup of strawberries a day will be very beneficial for patients.
Strawberries contain a large amount of vitamin C, which helps lower cholesterol, lower blood fat and strengthen the immune system. Drinking strawberry smoothie regularly helps diabetics prevent cardiovascular complications very effectively. Strawberries also contain ingredients that have anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effects, improving the condition of ulcers in diabetics who have had complications.
How to make Strawberry smoothie
Ingredients: 6-8 ripe Strawberries, 1 box of sugar-free yogurt, 1 cup of water, 1 teaspoon Diet sugar.
- Strawberries are washed, remove the green stalks and cut into small pieces.
- Put the strawberries and 100ml of water, yogurt, sugar diet into the blender.
- Pour the strawberry smoothie into a cup and enjoy.
Currently, there are no exact research results on the recommended amount of strawberries for people with diabetes. However, you should eat strawberries in moderation.
7. Cucumber Smoothie
Cucumber contains calcium, phosphorus, potassium salts, vitamins A, B1, B2, … Cucumber has cool, sweet taste, has the effect of clearing heat, inflammation, diuretic…
Moreover, Cucumber has the effect of clearing heat, detoxifying, reducing swelling, promoting digestion and controlling blood pressure. Therefore, people with high blood pressure and diabetes should use cucumber smoothies daily. Besides, cucumber also contains many nutrients and vitamins that are good for the body and strengthen the resistance.
How to make Cucumber smoothie
Ingredients: 1 Cucumber, 100ml Coconut milk, 1 box of sugar-free yogurt, 1 cup of water and diet sugar.
- Cucumbers are washed, then soaked in salt water for 5-10 minutes, then peeled and chopped, drained.
- Put the prepared mixture including cucumber, yogurt, diet sugar, and water into the blender, blend for 1-2 minutes until the mixture is really soft and smooth.
- After blending, pour the smoothie into a glass, add coconut milk and enjoy.
8. Papaya Smoothie
Papaya fruit has a sweet taste but is quite low in sugar. A 400g papaya contains only 8.3g of sugar. Studies have shown that: Papaya contains active ingredients that help slow down the progression of type 2 diabetes and reduce free radicals that damage the body. Papaya smoothie is a source of micronutrients: vitamin A, vitamin B1, B2, B6, carotene, potassium … necessary for people with diabetes.
You can make your own Papaya smoothie in the following ways:
Ingredients: 1 ripe Papaya, 1 cup of water.
- Peel the Papaya and remove the seeds. Cut into small pieces.
- Put Papaya, 1 amount of filtered water just enough into the blender.
- Pour into a cup and enjoy.
The amount of Papaya that Diabetics should use in a day is 200g.
9. Strawberry – Banana Smoothies
Not only does it taste great, but it also doesn’t wreak havoc on your blood sugar. Soy milk and Greek yogurt create a smooth and creamy texture without adding a lot of sugar. You can even get a fiber boost with a spoonful of chia seeds.
Blend 1/2 cup strawberries, one banana, and 1 box of sugar-free yogurt in a blender. This mixture is rich in vitamins A, C, and R, suitable for weight loss, while supporting skin beauty and effectively preventing skin aging.
How to make Strawberries and Banana smoothie
Ingredients: 10 Strawberries, 1/2 Banana, 1 box of sugar-free yogurt and 1 spoon of diet sugar.
- Peel the Banana, cut it into small pieces. Strawberries are washes and cut the stalks, chopped.
- Put the cut Bananas and Strawberries in the blender, add the water, sugar, yogurt into belender.
- Turn on the blender and add the ice cubes and blend until smooth.
10. Strawberry and Avocado smoothies
The Strawberry and Avocado Smoothie is an easy-to-make yet incredibly delicious smoothie. The feeling of crushed ice melts in your mouth, mixed with the sweet and sour taste of strawberries and greasy avocado will give you a refreshing and cool drink.
As you know the great benefits of strawberries and avocados to control blood sugar for diabetics. This smoothie mix can make a snack that is both healthy and helps you lose weight and beautify your skin.
How to make Strawberries and Avocado smoothie
Ingredients: 5 Strawberries, 1 Avocado, 100ml Coconut milk, 1 cup of water and 1 spoon of die sugar.
- Strawberries are washed. Split Avocado, remove seeds, Avocado flesh put in a blender along with Coconut milk, water, and sugar.
- Blend the mixture well, pour into a cup and enjoy.
Above are “10 smoothies for diabetics that do not cause hyperglycemia and simple ways to prepare them at home. But you should eat whole fruits rather than smoothies for the optimal amount of fiber.
- Fruit smoothies for people with diabetes should only be used about 1 cup a day, should not be abused, it will affect other health problems.
- When making smoothies for people with diabetes, you should avoid using normal sugar or fresh milk and yogurt with sugar.
- To be on the safe side, you can test your blood sugar before and 2 hours after drinking your smoothies, to see if they have a positive or negative effect on your blood sugar!
》》》 Learn more: